Dentures are a popular solution among those who have experienced tooth loss. However, traditional dentures have their limitations and can often be uncomfortable and inconvenient. This is where our implant-supported dentures in Clinton, MS, come in – a revolutionary advancement that offers many benefits over traditional dentures.
The Many Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures in Clinton
If you’re experiencing tooth loss and looking for a permanent solution, we highly recommend implant-supported dentures from Northside Dental Group.
- Superior fit and comfort: Traditional dentures can often shift around in the mouth, causing discomfort and difficulties in eating and speaking. Implant-supported dentures are fixed in place through dental implants, which allows them to fit snugly and comfortably in the mouth. They are also less bulky than traditional dentures and can feel more natural.
- Improved oral health: The jawbone can deteriorate over time with traditional dentures due to a lack of stimulation. On the other hand, implant-supported dentures are anchored to the jawbone through dental implants and provide the needed stimulation to maintain oral health. They can prevent bone loss and even promote bone growth.
- Increased eating ability: With traditional dentures, the wearer may have to avoid certain foods due to difficulties in chewing. Implant-supported dentures allow for a more substantial bite force, making eating tough and sticky foods easier. This support can enhance the overall eating experience and improve nutrition.
- Enhanced self-confidence: Missing teeth can cause self-consciousness and a lack of confidence. Implant-supported dentures provide a natural-looking and functional solution, allowing the wearer to be more self-assured in social situations.
- Long-lasting solution: While traditional dentures may need to be replaced every few years, implant-supported dentures are a long-term solution. Proper dental care can allow them to last up to 20 years, making them a wise investment for those seeking a permanent solution to tooth loss.
How Do I Get Started?
Here’s everything you need to know about getting implant-supported dentures.
Consultation and Planning
The first step in getting implant-supported dentures is to schedule a consultation with Dr. David Henry or Dr. Stephen Greer. During this appointment, your dentist will evaluate your oral health and determine whether implant-supported dentures are the right solution. If you’re eligible for the procedure, your dentist will create a treatment plan tailored to your needs. This plan may involve taking X-rays and impressions of your mouth to ensure an accurate fit.
The next step in the implant-supported denture process is to place the dental implant. The placement involves a minor surgical procedure in which we insert the implant into the jawbone. The healing process can take several weeks, during which the implant will fuse with the bone in the jaw and create a stable foundation for the denture.
Once the implant is securely in place, attaching the abutment is next. The abutment is a small post that connects the dental implant to the denture. The abutment is usually inserted during a separate appointment after the implant has had time to heal and integrate with the bone.
Once the abutment is in place, your dentist will take impressions of your mouth to create the denture. We will customize the denture to fit securely onto the abutment and provide a comfortable and natural-looking appearance.
Placement and Adjustments
Finally, your dentist will attach the denture to the abutment and make necessary adjustments to ensure a proper fit. They will also provide instructions on how to care for your new implant-supported dentures to ensure they last for many years.
Implant-Supported Dentures in Clinton
Implant-supported dentures are a modern and effective solution for those experiencing tooth loss. They provide a superior fit and comfort compared to traditional dentures, promote oral health, enhance the eating experience, boost self-confidence, and are a long-lasting solution. If you are considering implant-supported dentures, contact Northside Dental Group to schedule a consultation and learn more about this transformative solution.
Our services include cosmetic dentistry, dental implants, and CEREC crowns in Clinton, Mississippi. Our experienced team will work with you to find the best dental solution for your unique needs and help you achieve a healthy and beautiful smile.