Dental implants in Clinton are a popular treatment for missing teeth, and for a good reason. They are strong, durable, and look just like natural teeth. However, dental implants are also a significant investment, so, understandably, patients might have questions before deciding to proceed with treatment. Here are 6 of the most common questions about dental implants and their answers:
- What are dental implants? Dental implants are a popular way to replace missing teeth. Dental implants are made from titanium, a solid and durable material. We place the implant into the jawbone. Once in place, dental implants can provide support for dental crowns, bridges, or dentures. The entire process usually takes several months to complete.
- How long do dental implants last? Dental implants are designed to last a lifetime with proper care. Dental implants can last many years with regular brushing, flossing, and dental check-ups. Otherwise, on average, dental implants need to be replaced every 10-15 years.
- Are dental implants painful? The good news is that dental implants are generally not painful. We use local anesthesia so patients won’t feel pain during the treatment. You’ll only feel pressure during the process. However, they may be discomfort and swelling afterward, but can be managed with over-the-counter pain medication. If you experience severe pain or swelling, don’t hesitate to contact Dr. David Henry or Dr. Stephen Greer immediately. Overall, dental implants are a safe and effective way to improve your smile.
- Does insurance cover dental implants? Insurance coverage for dental implants varies depending on the insurer, so it’s best to check with your insurance provider before proceeding with treatment. In some cases, insurance may cover a portion of the cost of dental implants. We’re here to help you get the dental care you need! We understand dental care can be expensive, so we offer CareCredit to our patients. CareCredit is a credit card specifically for healthcare expenses and can help you budget for dental care. We also offer an in-house membership plan to remove your dental bill’s stress and complexities. Our membership plan includes two regular cleanings, annual exams, and discounts on other dental services. Please ask one of our team members for more information on CareCredit or our in-house membership plan.
- What is the success rate of dental implants? The success rate of dental implants is very high, typically around 98%. Dental implants are an effective way to replace one or more missing teeth. However, factors such as overall health and smoking habits can impact the success of dental implant surgery.
- Are there any risks associated with dental implants? As with any surgery, there are always risks involved. The most common complication is an infection, although we can treat those with antibiotics. However, complications from dental implant surgery are rare and typically minor. While we understand the risks, some suggestions may help prevent complications during and after dental implant surgery.
- Before surgery, avoid large meals, smoking, and alcohol for at least a day or two.
- Let us know if you are taking blood-thinning medications such as Coumadin, aspirin, or other anti-coagulant drugs.
- Avoid rinsing, spitting, or using a straw for the first few days after surgery
- Please refrain from smoking after placement, as it can increase your risk of failure.
Dental Implants in Clifton, MS
Dental implants are a safe and effective treatment option for missing teeth. With a high success rate and long-lasting results, dental implants are an excellent choice for patients who want to restore their smile. If you want dental implants in Clinton, schedule an appointment at Northside Dental Group today.