There are many options to choose from when you look to replace teeth in today’s modern age. At Northside Dental Group, we’re happy to educate our patients on the various treatments available. After all, dentures and dental implants in Clinton are two of the most popular forms of multiple tooth replacements. Both are excellent options that have benefited many people, but which is best for you – Dentures vs. Dental Implants? You will better understand each option by comparing the two side by side.
What are Dentures?
If you are missing most of your teeth, dentures in Clinton might be the right choice for you because they can replace a whole row of teeth or all teeth. We make our dentures out of artificial materials such as porcelain and acrylic. The denture consists of artificial porcelain teeth and acrylic, life-like gum tissues.
Traditional dentures fit firmly and comfortably onto your original gum tissue by suction. The top denture covers the entire hard palate on the roof of the mouth, the bottom just surrounding the original gum tissues.
Along with complete sets of dentures, we also offer partial dentures. Patients with only some missing teeth and some healthy, natural teeth would benefit from partial dentures. This dental appliance is removable and can replace multiple missing teeth simultaneously.
Benefits of Dentures
There are many benefits to choosing dentures as your tooth replacement option.
- Traditional dentures are removable. Removable allows patients to take a break from their teeth whenever possible. It also allows for easy cleaning.
- Dentures are created out of solid materials to withstand the daily pressures we put our teeth through.
- It may not seem like it, but dentures take a little time to be made. Dentures are the fastest option if you want a quick solution to missing teeth.
- Each set of dentures looks completely natural. It is a priority that each group of dentures we create for our patients fits perfectly into their mouths and their faces.
- New and improved traditional dentures are very lightweight and easy to wear.
Why Choose Dentures
Dentures have been serving people with missing teeth for years and helping them restore their quality of life. After losing teeth, most patients want the quickest solution to bring them the most benefits and the prettiest smile. At Northside Dental Group, we only offer and create the best dentures to improve your smile.
What are Dental Implants?
Implants are small titanium rods placed into the jawbone and surrounded by gum tissue to support artificial teeth. To have dental implants, patients will need to undergo oral surgery for the placement and fully heal before accessing their tooth replacements.
Dental implants can support different restoration appliances, including crowns, bridges, and dentures.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are a stable, more permanent solution for missing teeth. They offer many benefits, including:
- A permanent appliance will help secure your bite and make chewing and speaking easier.
- Dental implants help restore oral health through continuing bone stimulation from chewing. If the bone is not stimulated, it can start to deteriorate.
- Each tooth restoration will match your original smile.
- Implants help maintain or change the shape of your face. When you lose teeth, your face loses support naturally, making your face change shape.
Dental Implants vs. Dentures in Clinton, MS
At Northside Dental Group, we understand that dentures and implants can be a significant investment. That’s why we offer a wide range of financing options to ensure you get the tooth replacement option you need. And if you ever have any questions about your dentures, our experienced staff is always here to help. So why wait? See us today and see how we can help you get the perfect set of dentures for your smile.